Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
This is a twelve month temporary contract, with the opportunity to extend. Council is seeking applicants who are currently undertaking a civil engineering degree and have successfully completed 2 years or above of their studies. The successful candidate will assist in the design and construction of civil engineering works and assessment of engineering aspects of development applications, while continuing their university studies.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Be a currently enrolled University Student, with a minimum successful completion of second year of Civil Engineering Degree.
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to complete basic engineering surveys.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Report writing skills including the ability to collect, analyse and report data.
Applicants with previous Local Government engineering experience, knowledge of engineering design for roads and stormwater and experience using Autocad and Drains will be highly regarded.
- Temporary Full-time, 35 hours per week.
- Salary is from $882.60 per week (excluding superannuation) and will be based on the stage of your studies, skills and experience.
- Council will pay HELP fees for subjects completed during the cadetship and provide up to 7 hours per week for class attendance.
- Conditions of employment are in accordance with Council protocols and the Local Government (State) Award 2020.
- Plus 9.5% superannuation.
- Access to the Fitness Passport.
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Darren Brady, Manager Design and Development on 4232 0444.
Closing Date: Sunday 6 December 2020, 23:30 pm.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.