Jamberoo Pool Lifeguard Attendant
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
The successful applicant will be required to ensure the safety of patrons at all times and maintain water quality and plant room equipment to a high standard. You will also be required to maintain the cleanliness of Jamberoo Pool areas and coordinate the setting out of equipment for various user groups.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Aquatic Technical Operator (Pool Operations) – SISSS00110.
- Pool Lifeguard Licence or Current Pool Lifeguard Award.
- First Aid Certificate and Advanced Resuscitation Certificate (with airbag module).
- Minimum 12 months experience in operation of public swimming pools working as a Pool Lifeguard, or in the aquatic industry.
- Knowledge of pool testing and correctional procedures, including safe handling and storage of chemicals.
- Previous experience with routine plant room maintenance.
- Knowledge of Public Swimming Pool & Spa Advisory Document and relevant rules and regulations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the public.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Council is seeking someone who has the ability to enforce Jamberoo Pool rules, regulations and protocols in a considerate but firm manner, possesses excellent powers of concentration and has the ability to react quickly in a life threatening situation.
- Casual role (seasonal)
- $35.71 to $38.27 per hour (depending on qualifications, skills and experience)
- plus 9.5% superannuation
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Glenn Beveridge, Leisure Centre Operations Team Leader on 4232 1877.
Closing Date: Sunday 22 November 2020, 23:30 pm.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.