Visitor Services Officer
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
The Visitor Services Officer will be required to assist in the operation of the accredited Kiama Visitor Information Centre by delivering friendly, helpful, innovative, and timely service. They will provide assistance and visitor information to our visitors, stakeholders, partners and residents. In addition to this, they will work as part of the Destination Kiama / Kiama Municipal Council team, providing assistance, support, and expertise as needed across all areas of our tourism and event activities.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- At least two years experience and/or qualifications in Tourism, Customer Service or Business Administration.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Retail experience including visual merchandising, upselling, stocktake, and cash handling.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local Kiama area and regional South Coast tourism experiences.
- Experience in an administration role, including proficiency in MS Office and online reservation systems.
- Willingness to regularly work weekends and on occasion out of hours.
- Demonstrated success in working as part of a team.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
You will be confident and enthusiastic with a welcoming manner, and possess a positive outlook whilst being self-motivated with a high level of initiative. You will also possess a demonstrated commitment to quality customer service.
- A casual position
- Hourly rate from $33.67 to $35.51 (depending on qualifications, skills and experience) plus penalty rates as applicable.
- plus 9.5% superannuation
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Sally Bursell, Visitor Services Coordinator on 4232 3322.
Closing Date: Sunday 23 August 2020, 23:30 pm.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.