Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
About Blue Haven:
Blue Haven is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned and operated by Kiama Municipal Council and offers a true continuum of aged care services and disability services for people in the local region; including in-home support, community groups and programs, independent living and residential aged care.
It is an exciting time to join our dedicated team as our brand new state of the art facility; Blue Haven Bonaira, provides the highest standard of seniors living, aged care and community facilities including a 134 bed residential aged care facility and 58 independent living units. If you wish to learn more about our organisation, please visit our website at www.bluehavenillawarra.com.au.
The role will be required to provide in home support to older people and people living with a disability, including personal care, grooming, respite care, transport, domestic duties, social activities and medication monitoring. Our Support Workers are a key contact in the lives of the people we support. They will be responsible for monitoring a client's progress, reporting any concerns or changes and documenting accurate and relevant information in client files in a timely manner. Council is looking to recruit 8-10 qualified and experienced Support Workers to join our team on a casual basis.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Grade 2 – Currently working towards Certificate III in Individual Support (Community Services, Aged Care or Disabilities), or
- Grade 3 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Community Services Aged Care or Disabilities).
- Class C Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable, roadworthy, fully insured vehicle.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Experience working unsupervised, one on one with clients in a home care environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience providing person-centred and strength-based practices.
- Ability to positively engage with clients, their carers’, families and the wider community.
- Ability to manage own time effectively.
To be successful in this role, you will need;
- To be a team player
- To be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
- Experience with personal care, medications, manual handling and behaviour support plans
- To be willing to work emergency shifts
We offer the following:
- Option 1: between the hours of 6am - 3pm Thursday to Wednesday
- Option 2: between the hours of 1pm - 9pm Thursday to Wednesday
- Grade 2 from $28.79 to $30.06 per hour inclusive of 25% casual loading (depending on skills and experience)
- Grade 3 from $29.41 to $31.02 per hour inclusive of 25% casual loading (depending on skills and experience)
- Plus 9.5% superannuation
- Access to the Fitness Passport
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Alana Lord, Community Services Team Leader on 4203 4952.
Ongoing applications will be accepted.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence | Love and Care
underpinning everything we do.